By Ted Rueter
Ted Rueter panders to Republican get together traces through accumulating 370 oratorical guffaws credited to renowned politicians. categorised in alphabetical order and provided via topic subject, the quips include:
Osama bin weighted down: "[Osama bin weighted down] is both alive and good or alive and never good or now not alive." --Donald Rumsfeld
Misunderestimation: "They misunderestimated me." --George W. Bush
Read or Download 185 Stupid Things Republicans Have Said PDF
Similar politics books
Our males in a telephone in Rebibbia felony, Rome, anticipating trial on critical fees of subversion. one in every of them, the political philosopher Antonio Negri, spends his days writing. between his writings are twenty letters addressed to a tender buddy in France letters within which Negri displays on his personal own improvement as a thinker, theorist and political activist and analyses the occasions, actions and routine during which he has been concerned.
Because the inventory industry crash of 1929 plunged the area into turmoil, males emerged with competing claims on the way to fix stability to economies long past awry. John Maynard Keynes, the mercurial Cambridge economist, believed that executive had an obligation to spend whilst others wouldn't. He met his contrary in a little-known Austrian economics professor, Freidrich Hayek, who thought of makes an attempt to interfere either unnecessary and most likely harmful.
Looking solutions to the hardest questions about poverty within the usa, Earl Shorris had appeared all over the place. eventually, one resounding resolution got here from a talk with a lady in a maximum-security criminal: the variation among wealthy and bad is the arts. Shorris took that concept and began a path on the Clemente kin assistance heart in ny.
A willing research of the effect of eu regionalism within the Mediterranean, targeting the politics of illustration and buildings of identification. The Mediterranean - as a sector, as a space of european coverage and as a place at the edge of a quickly integrating Europe - has been a theoretically under-researched sector.
- The Revolt Against the Masses: How Liberalism Has Undermined the Middle Class
- The Reagan Diaries
- L'Âme de l'homme sous le socialisme
- Gendering Addiction: The Politics of Drug Treatment in a Neurochemical World
Extra info for 185 Stupid Things Republicans Have Said
6. Request prompt shipment three sterile 45 calibre machine guns and ammo per para 1 above, by special courier if necessary. Please confirm by 2000 hours local time 18 Oct that this can be done so [cooptee] may inform his contacts accordingly. The reply, which is headed "immediate Santiago (eyes only [deleted])" is dated 18 October and reads: Sub-machine guns and ammo being sent by regular [deleted] courier leaving Washington 0700 hours 19 October due arrive Santiago late evening 20 October or early morning 21 October.
3. A certain amount of information was available to us concerning Viaux's alleged support throughout the Chilean military. We had assessed Viaux's claims carefully, basing our analysis on good intelligence from a number of sources. Our conclusion was clear: Viaux did not have more than one chance in twenty - perhaps less - to launch a successful coup. 4. The unfortunate repercussions, in Chile and internationally, of an unsuccessful coup were discussed. Dr Kissinger ticked off his list of these negative possibilities.
Under pressure from the US embassy, the Laotian authorities had Branfman deported back to the United States, which was probably, from their point of view, a mistake. He was able to make a dramatic appearance on Capitol Hill on 22 April 1971, at a hearing held by Senator Edward Kennedy's Senate Subcommittee on Refugees. His antagonist was the State Department's envoy William Sullivan, a former ambassador to Laos. Branfman accused him in front of the cameras of helping to conceal evidence that Laotian society was being mutilated by ferocious aerial bombardment.
185 Stupid Things Republicans Have Said by Ted Rueter