By John Kaufeld
When you pay attention the be aware "database," do your eyes glaze over? Does the point out of fields and tables make your blood strain skyrocket? Does the assumption of coming into and utilizing links make you hyperventilate?
Whether you are working a company or a family . . . no matter if try to be in a position to speedy entry purchaser details, your recipe for bird cacciatore, or the Little League team's documents, entry 2003 holds the main. This pleasant advisor unlocks the secrets and techniques of utilizing entry 2003 to shop, deal with, arrange, reorganize, and use information! It provides you:
- The fundamentals of the total database concept
- Suggestions for fixing issues of Access
- What you want to understand to layout, construct, use, and alter entry tables
- Info at the ten most typical forms of fields
- The scoop on utilizing queries to unearth the solutions hiding someplace on your data
- Guidelines for...
The EPUB structure of this identify is probably not appropriate to be used on all hand-held devices.
Read or Download Access 2003 For Dummies PDF
Similar databases books
Secrets and techniques of the Oracle Database is the definitive consultant to undocumented and partially-documented beneficial properties of the Oracle Database server. protecting helpful yet little-known gains from Oracle Database nine via Oracle Database eleven, this ebook will increase your potency as an Oracle database administrator or developer.
One of many major makes use of of computers is the administration of huge quantities of symbolic info representing the nation of a few software area, comparable to information regarding all of the humans I converse with in my own handle database, or appropriate components of the outer house within the wisdom base of a NASA house venture.
Those Oracles are thought of to embrace the various crucial good points of Chaldæan philosophy. they've got come all the way down to us via Greek translations and have been held within the maximum esteem all through antiquity, a sentiment which was once shared alike by way of the early Christian Fathers and the later Platonists. The doctrines contained therein are attributed to Zoroaster, although to which specific Zoroaster isn't really identified; historians provide notices of as many as six assorted members all bearing that identify, which was once most likely the name of the Prince of the Magi, and a familiar time period.
- Total Solar Eclipses and How to Observe Them (Astronomers' Observing Guides)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Integration Services
- Oracle Applications DBA Field Guide (18)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 administrator's companion
- Sams Teach Yourself Microsoft Access 2002 in 21 Days (Sams Teach Yourself)
Additional info for Access 2003 For Dummies
2. Double-click the name of the database you want to use. If the database isn’t listed, it’s probably in some other folder. Skip to the sidebar in Chapter 6 for help with tracking down the database in your hard drive or network. If you see an ominous-looking message asking whether you want to convert or merely open your file, it means that the database file you want to use came from an older version of Access. Access 2003 wants to convert your existing files to the current database file format — and you probably want it to do that, too.
Of course, the Access menu comes in handy, too. When I want you to choose something from the main menu bar, the instruction looks like this: Choose File⇒Open Database. If you think that mice belong in holes, you can use the underlined letters as shortcut keys to control Access from the keyboard. To use the keyboard shortcut, hold down the Alt key and press the appropriate underlined letter. In the example above, the keyboard shortcuts are Alt+F, then Alt+O. Press them one right after the other, with the Alt key down the whole time.
Along the top is the ever-anticipated title bar. The table’s fields take up the middle of the form. In the lower-left corner are the same navigation buttons you saw and fiddled with in the datasheet window. If forms pique your interest, check out Chapter 22 for more information. Figure 2-6: There’s Kevin again — what a ham! The query window The heart of any database program is its capability of organizing and searching for information. In particular, the heart of Access is the query system. And sitting at the heart of the query system is the query window, lovingly reproduced in Figure 2-7.
Access 2003 For Dummies by John Kaufeld